http://nextgen.ning.com/
The Ning group that I found most interesting was NexGen Teachers. This group is where a bunch of teachers can get together and focus on improving education through all of the new technology that is or will be available. As we advance further and further, technology is becoming more prominent in the classrooms. Many teachers are not aware of the resources that are available or simply do not feel comfortable using them due to lack of knowledge. There is also many school districts that cans imply not afford all of the new technological advances available.
I feel that this group can help me as an educator to become familiar with the different technologies, as well as provide ways to incorporate technology into a classroom of a district with little funds. I really like how all of the blog posts give a lot of information about all different areas in education. For example, information about workshops, guidelines for student blogging, what to do at a new job, courses to improve the English language, etc... and each blog post deals with ways to incorporate technology into each area.
I know that there is a lot of technology out there that I am unaware of. I think that this blog would help educates find new resources that are available. Great find!
ReplyDeleteYes. That was an extremely social site.
ReplyDeleteIn relation to webbing... do you think these sites are overwhelming, too little or too much info.
What type of AT are you most interested in using or learning about?